Vascular surgery is a medical specialty that focuses on treating diseases of the blood vessels. It involves diagnosing, treating, and managing conditions affecting veins and arteries. Vascular surgeons are trained in minimally invasive endovascular procedures such as angioplasty and stenting and open surgical techniques to repair or reconstruct damaged or blocked vessels. Conditions commonly treated include aneurysms, arterial blockages, deep vein thrombosis, varicose veins, and peripheral artery disease (PAD).
Benefits of vascular surgery
1) Prevention of disease progression and complications: Vascular surgery can help prevent a condition from progressing and causing more severe complications. Early diagnosis and treatment are crucial to preserving blood vessel health and functioning.
2) Improved circulation: By removing blockages, improving blood flow, or repairing damaged vessels, vascular surgery can improve overall circulation in the body. This may help reduce symptoms like pain, fatigue, tissue damage, or organ failure due to reduced blood flow.
3) Reduced risk of stroke, heart attack, or other cardiovascular events: Blockages that affect the main artery supplying the heart or brain can be potentially dangerous. Vascular surgery can remove these blockages, reducing the risk of stroke or heart attack.
4) Enhanced quality of life: Many people find relief from symptoms such as pain, fatigue, and swelling after vascular surgery. In addition, improvements in circulation can help improve overall energy and physical functioning.
5) Relief of chronic conditions: Vascular surgery can provide long-term relief for chronic conditions such as varicose veins or peripheral artery disease (PAD). Surgery can reduce and even eliminate symptoms associated with these conditions.
How can we help
South Florida Medical Group has experienced vascular surgeons who provide comprehensive treatment and management of vascular diseases. Our team is trained in both open surgical techniques as well as minimally invasive endovascular procedures.
We understand the importance of early diagnosis and intervention to preserve blood vessel health and functioning. We strive to offer the best possible care with a personalized approach tailored to each patient’s unique needs and goals.
If you are living with symptoms such as pain, fatigue, and swelling or have been diagnosed with an arterial or venous condition, our team can help. To learn more about how we can help you, please get in touch with us today for an appointment.